Plagiarism is the act of copying someone’s prior ideas, processes, results or words without acknowledgement of the original author and source. The journal is strictly against any unethical act of copying or plagiarism in any form.Plagiarism is said to have occurred when large portions of a manuscript have been copied from existing previously published resources. All manuscripts submitted for publication in International Journal of Advanced Research in Technology and Management Sciences (IJARTMS) are cross-checked using CrossCheck / iThenticate plagiarism detection software. Manuscripts found to be plagiarized during initial stages of review are out-rightly rejected and not considered for publication in the journal. In case a manuscript is found to be plagiarized after publication, the Editor-in-Chief will conduct preliminary investigation, may be with the help of a suitable committee constituted for the purpose. If the manuscript is found to be plagiarized beyond the acceptable limits, the journal will contact the author’s Institute / College / University and Funding Agency, if any.
The following types of plagiarism are considered by IJARTMS:
- Full Plagiarism: Previously published content without any changes to the text, idea and grammar is considered as full plagiarism. It involves presenting exact text from a source as one’s own.
- Partial Plagiarism: If content is a mixture from multiple different sources, where the author has extensively rephrased text, then it is known as partial plagiarism.
- Self-Plagiarism: When an author reuses complete or portions of their pre-published research, then it is known as self-plagiarism. Complete self-plagiarism is a case when an author republishes their own previously published work in a new journal.
- Self-Plagiarism: IJARTMS shall take serious action against published manuscripts found to contain plagiarism and shall completely remove them from IJARTMS website and other third party websites where the paper is listed and indexed. The moment, any article published in IJARTMS database is reported to be plagiarized, IJARTMS shall remove the PDF copy of the published manuscript from the website and disable all links to full text article. The term Plagiarized Manuscript shall be appended to the published manuscript title.
Authors can take the following steps to report plagiarism:
- Notify the editor of the journal in which the plagiarized article is published.
- Author can send the original and plagiarized articles with the plagiarized section highlighted.
- If evidence of plagiarism is convincing, editor should ask the plagiarist to provide an explanation.
- If there is no response or an unsatisfactory explanation within the time limit, the article must be permanently withdrawn.
I have read and understood the IJARTMS rules on plagiarism. I hereby declare that this piece of written work is the result of my own independent scholarly work, and that in all cases material from the work of others (in books, articles, essays, dissertations, and on the internet) is acknowledged, and quotations and paraphrases are clearly indicated. No material other than that listed has been used. This written work has not previously or not yet been published.